The Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS)

Have you suffered from illness or injury as a result of service on or after 6 April 2005?  We're here to help ... 

You can claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.  This a no-fault scheme so you only need to prove that your illness or injuries were caused by and/or during service.

Claim through our  'Damaged Based Agreement' policy.

 It is entirely separate from any other personal accident cover, such as Personal Accident (PAX) or Life Insurance (LI). Therefore, any accident cover that you may already hold is not taken into account when determining an AFCS award.


All current and former members of the UK Armed Forces, including Reservists, may submit a claim for compensation. 

 You have 7 years to make a claim. There are some exceptions to this such as late onset illnesses.  

There are 2 main types of AFCS benefits:· 

  • Lump sum payments
  • Guaranteed Income Payment (GIP)

  You do not need to have left the Armed Forces before claiming.

If you believe you are entitled to pursue a claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme, then please  get in touch for further advice and information using the form below!

Contact Us

Drop us a line!

Better yet, see us in person!

We love our clients, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.

Liver Law

71 Longview Drive, Huyton, Liverpool

0151 481 0445



09:00 – 17:00


09:00 – 17:00


09:00 – 17:00


09:00 – 17:00


09:00 – 17:00


By Appointment



Transfer your file / claim

  If you are not happy with your current legal representation then change!